Traditionally,greenhouses always used to sit on a little brick plinth.Now however, most of the greenhouses in our range can be fitted with a metal base.This means that you can fix the greenhouse straight onto either a concrete foundation or one made of concrete slabs. Greenhouse manufacturers make various types of metal base.Using our experience of installing greenhouses we decided to offer our customers a base design that incorporates all the best features of these bases but which is simple to install and much stronger in order to achieve an improved life-span.
Our galvanised metal bases include anchor legs in each corner,more on greenhouses of 10' length and above.This design allows you to anchor your greenhouse straight into the soil by digging a hole in the ground under each anchor leg and then use concrete to secure the legs into the ground. However, while this method maybe satisfactory,we would strongly advise that you should always have a solid concrete or paving slab foundation under your greenhouse, especially if it is larger than 6'by 8'.
Features of our metal bases:
- Made from steel for strength and galvanised to prevent rust.
- Neater finish (as pictured) since the outside face is smooth.
- Complete with an anchor leg in each corner, plus extra legs on longer models for anchoring into soil.
- Brackets are provided to fix the metal base to the greenhouse frame making it much easier to install the greenhouse because less drilling is required.
- Guaranteed for 10 years - for peace of mind.
- Full instructions included.
Delivery of this item to Mainland England and Wales is £4.95, parts of Scotland and Northern Ireland may be subject to a higher charge. Delivery costs will be calculated and displayed at checkout before any payment is required
Please note if any other items in your basket are quoted with a longer delivery time, then your items will not be dispatched next day, but within the time period quoted for item with the longest delivery.
There is only one charge for delivery per order.