Jobs at The Greenhouse People
Jobs at The Greenhouse People
Thank you for your interest in joining us here at The Greenhouse People.
We are a dynamic and innovative family owned and run business with family business ethics integral to organisational culture. Our people are of the utmost importance to us and as a company committed to equality of opportunity, we welcome applications from candidates from all sections of the community.
We currently have the following vacancies:
Assistant Display Site Sales Manager:
- Congresbury, Bristol
- Ditchling, West Sussex
- Milton Keynes, Buckinghamshire
We are looking for people who thrive on working in a truly customer focussed environment and driving sales.
You will be a member of our sales team based at the host garden centre.
The posts include face to face selling of high-quality garden and leisure buildings such as luxury garden offices, greenhouses, sheds and summerhouses. Handling transactions, managing site sales, resolving customer queries and ensuring the site looks its best form a critical part.
Software Developer - Cresswell, Stoke-on-Trent
We're looking for an experienced and driven individual who's working at the level of a Senior Software Developer and capable of working collaboratively in a small, focused team. We want to find someone passionate about their skillset, who thrives on problem-solving, prides themselves on being open and honest, and who can't help but smile when they see the positive impact their efforts have on colleagues and customers alike.
Warehouse/Production Operatives - Cresswell, Stoke-on-Trent
Our vacancies are across a number of departments and include tasks such as:
- picking, packing and sorting of greenhouse parts and associated products
- storing, picking and quality checking of powder coated material
- assembling staging, shelving and associated greenhouse accessories
- manufacturing of aluminium greenhouse parts - cutting and punching
- wood machining
- assembling sections of wooden greenhouses and summerhouses
- locating, counting, weighing and packing small items (e.g., nuts, bolts)
- preparing packages for loading and distribution
- loading vehicles accurately and in a timely fashion
- use of IT to manage Works Orders
You must be able to work in a team, in a fast-paced environment and with attention to detail. We don’t work shifts, so ideally suited to someone who is seeking a regular working week.
Apprenticeships - Cresswell, Stoke-on-Trent
We are seeking to strengthen our skilled team and are offering two apprenticeships in Wood Product Manufacturing.
You will be working in our Alton department learning to make our Alton branded cedar-wood greenhouses and garden buildings and will work towards a Level 2 qualification in Wood Product Manufacturing. As part of your two-year apprenticeship, you will learn to:
- Read and interpret technical drawings
- Use IT to manage works orders and stock control
- Work with team members t ensure efficient production flow
- Quality control
- Set up and run machines - table saw, drop saw, cross cut, speed sanders and nail guns
Ready to apply?
For more details on any of these vacancies please email our HR team email@example.com